Legislative Branch appropriations markup by the Senate
Yesterday, I posted the Legislative Branch Appropriations bill. Today let’s look at the Senate Appropriations Committee mark up report that was issued on the 19th of June. The Senate appropriations Committee is Chaired by Sen. Barbara Mikulski from Maryland. The ranking minority member or vice chair is Sen. Richard Shelby of Alabama.
The first markups are for the Senate pay itself.
Senate, expense allowances, $174,840
- Vice President, $18,760
- President Pro Tempore of the Senate, $37,520
- Majority Leader of the Senate, $39,920
- Minority Leader of the Senate, $39,920
- Majority Whip of the Senate, $9,980
- Minority Whip of the Senate, $9,980
- Chairmen of the Majority and Minority Conference Committees, $4,690 for each Chairman
- Chairmen of the Majority and Minority Policy Committees, $4,690 for each Chairman
Representation Allowances for the Majority and Minority Leaders, $14,070 for each such Leader, in all, $28,140
Salaries, Officers and Employees, $177,350,812
- Office of the vice president, $2,417,248
- Office of the president pro tempore, $723,466
- Offices of the majority and minority leaders, $5,255,576
- Offices of the majority and minority whips, $3,359,424
- Committee on appropriations, $14,942,000
- Conference committees, $1,658,000 for each such committee, in all, $3,316,000
- Offices of the secretaries of the conference of the majority and the conference of the minority, $817,402
- Policy committees, $3,385,810
- Office of the chaplain, $416,886
- Office of the secretary, $24,684,000
- Office of the sergeant at arms and doorkeeper, $69,000,000
- Offices of the secretaries for the majority and minority, $1,762,000
- Agency contributions and related expenses, $47,271,000
Office of the Legislative Counsel of the Senate, $5,408,500
Office of Senate Legal Counsel, $1,120,000
Expense Allowances of the Secretary of the Senate, Sergeant at Arms and Doorkeeper of the Senate, and Secretaries for the Majority and Minority of the Senate, $28,440
- Secretary of the Senate, $7,110
- Sergeant at Arms and Doorkeeper of the Senate, $7,110
- Secretary for the Majority of the Senate, $7,110
- Secretary for the Minority of the Senate, $7,110
Contingent Expenses of the Senate
Inquiries and investigations, 133,265,000
Expenses of the United States Senate caucus on international narcotics control, $508,000
Secretary of the senate, $6,250,000
Sergeant at arms and doorkeeper of the Senate, $130,300,000
Miscellaneous items, $21,178,000
Senators’ official personnel and office expense account, $390,000,000
Official mail costs, $300,000
The second markups are for the Joint Items and Associated offices.
The Joint Economic Committee sees a markup of $43,000, going from $4,203,000 to $4,246,000.
The Joint Committee on Taxation sees a markup of $91,000, going from $10,004,000 to $10,095,000.
The Office of Congressional Accessibility Services sees a markup of $13,000, going from $1,387,000 to $1,400,000.
The Capitol Police sees a markdown in both salaries and general expenses. Salaries is marked down by $1,911,501, going from $286,500,000 to $284,588,499. General expenses is also marked down by $1,999,501, going from $61,459,000 to $59, 459,499.
The Congressional Budget Office sees a markup of $357,000, going from $45,700,000 to $46,057,000.
The Architect of the Capitol see both markups and mark downs. The markups are $1,793,000 for General Administration, $187,000 for the Capitol Building, $100,272,000 for the Senate Office Buildings, $1,616,000 for the Capitol Power plant, $5,895,000 for the Library buildings and grounds, $1,173,000 for the Capitol Police buildings, grounds and security and $550,054 for the Botanical Gardens.
The markdowns for the Architect of the Capitol are: -$20,000 for the Capitol grounds, and -$31,000 for the Capitol Visitor Center.
The Library of Congress and the Copyright office also saw markdowns of -$7,884,001 and -$1,162,501 respectively.
The Congressional Research Service sees a markup of $1,701,000 while the Books for the Blind and Physically Handicapped received a markdown of -$181,500.
Congressional Printing and Binding sees a mark up of $2,809,000.
The Government Printing Office revolving fund saw a markdown of -$3,283,727.
The Government Accountability Office also saw a markup of $5,890,999.
And the last markup goes to the Open World Leadership Center Trust Fund which saw a markup of $2,280,000.